Monday, October 19, 2009





How do they do it? I mean the bloggers. It has been nearly a month since my last post. For awhile nothing much was happening, but then last week... they dug the hole!

Of course there's ledge all over the place, but nobody knows where -- until they did the hole. So time to stop speculating came and of course the rock was in all the wrong places. Like under the stair and where the small basement was going to be. So we started the juggling. Move the house 5' this way, 5' that way, 10' up, rotate it 10 degrees, and use some slow acting explosives for that rock that just can't be avoided. And in the end -- voila! The house has a full basement with a big beautiful walk-out room where there was going to be a slab. Yup. The house got bigger. I think a portion of the future barn is now under the house. But everyone who thought I was crazy not to want a basement is now really happy. And so am I.




No comments:

Post a Comment